Monday, August 28, 2017

Culture of Evangelism

I long for a church that understands that it - the local church - is the chosen and best method of evangelism. I long for a church in where the Christians are so in love with Jesus that when they go about the regular time of worship, they become an image of the gospel. I long for a church that disarms with love, not entertainment and lives out counter-cultural confidence in the power of the gospel. I long for a church where the greatest celebrations happen over those who share their faith, and the heroes are those who risk their reputations to evangelize.
I yearn for a culture of evangelism with brothers and sisters whose backs are up to mine in the battle; where I'm taught and teach about what it means to share our faith; and where I see leaders in the church leading people to Jesus. I want a church where you can point to changed lives, where you can see people stand up and say, "When I came to this church two years ago, I didn't know God, but now I do!" I long to be a part of a culture of evangelism like that. I bet you do, too.
Evangelism, J. Mack Stiles, 60


No comments:

Post a Comment